My name is Erick Muller and this blog is my digital playground. Welcome!
A Few Things About Me
- I was born in Mexico. I lived there for the first 11 years of my life until my parents decided to move to the states. Since then, I've lived in Minnesota, North Dakota, and now Texas.
- After 3 years in college I decided to drop out because I couldn't face doing something I wasn't passionate about any longer. I decided to stop forcing it and I left to create something of value, specifically an online business.
- In 2015 I created an affiliate website called Smart Archery, where I reviewed hunting gear. I found some success with it, consistently attracting over 3,000 monthly visits. After two and a half years I sold it and moved on. This project taught me so much: it taught me how to create and manage a website, it taught me how to get over the fear of shipping things out into the world, it taught me how to think like an entrepreneur, and more.
- Since Smart Archery, I've done freelance writing and web design as I search for my next step career-wise.
- I got into running at the end of 2017. Now I'm getting into trail running with plans of doing ultramarathons.
- I'm an INTJ from the Myers Briggs personality types.
Hobbies and Interests
As you could see from my blog I have many interests. You can find me writing about philosophy, self-improvement, running, unschooling, peaceful parenting, podcasts, productivity tools and digital marketing.
My hobbies include writing, running, playing and watching basketball, reading (though most of the books I consume are audiobooks), and playing online card games.
My Mission and Values
I'm a big proponent of self-directed learning. My big-picture goal is to liberate people, including myself, from the tragic idea that the best way to learn about the world is by confining ourselves in classrooms and receiving information detached from meaning. With this blog, I intend to lead by example.
Another big thing about me is that I act under the principle of charity, meaning that I choose to interpret other people's words, ideas, and beliefs in a charitable manner. I believe this is important for anyone who is seeking truth, which, by the way, is my highest value.
If you want to interact with me, here's my email: email@example.com